It’s the beginning of spring, and you know what that means…asparagus is in season! I don’t know about anyone else, but as much as I love asparagus I don’t like paying $5 or more dollars for it when its not in season. So, I am taking full advantage of it while it’s on sale – hence this recipe for lemon and garlic roasted asparagus. This has been on repeat lately because it is SO simple and quick to make. It takes only 5 ingredients!
This dish will make a fantastic side for any lunch or dinner, or even as a dish for Easter Sunday which is only a few weeks away. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it comes together really quickly, yet still has A LOT of flavor packed into it. It’s amazing what a few simple, everyday ingredients can do to a vegetable. If you try it out, let me know what you think by leaving a comment!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus and lay them in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Toss the asparagus in the salt, pepper, minced garlic, and olive oil.
- Place the sliced lemon on the asparagus and place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then use a spatula to stir the asparagus so they cook evenly.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool before serving.