This 15-minute strawberry jam is one of the most delicious things to come out of my kitchen. Needing only 5 ingredients and ten minutes of cooking time, it is simplicity at its finest! When I make it, you can find me *literally* eating it out of the jar with a spoon. It also is amazing on waffles, pancakes, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, bagels, and ice cream!
I love making my own jam because it tastes like actual strawberries and not artificial strawberry flavor, and is way healthier because you can control the sweetener. It comes together so quickly its barely any work, and the flavor is SO worth it.
The chia seeds are what give it a jelly-like texture and thickness and they provide extra fiber, and healthy fats, win-win! However, if you prefer to have a smooth jam, then simply blend the jam mixture after it has cooled a bit.
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅓ cupmaple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and turn the stove to medium high heat.
- Mash the berries with a potato masher or large cup while they cook. Bring the berry mixture to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove from heat immediately and let cool before storing it in an airtight container.
- Should keep well for one week!