This spicy thai salad is going to be your new best friend this summer! It is crunchy, refreshing, super filling, and the flavor will blow you away. It has toppings like edamame, roasted cashews, roasted bell peppers, and more! Plus a spicy peanut dressing that just. won’t. quit. And because I know sometimes we don’t have a lot of time, it only takes 15 minutes to assemble!
To be honest, salads haven’t always been my favorite thing to eat. I think I’ve just had too many bad salads that were limpy, watery, and bland. However, I started to like salads when I began making them myself and including more awesome ingredients, like my favorite roasted bell peppers (you can find another recipe with them here), cashews, fresh cucumbers, cilantro, crunchy red onion, and filling edamame. These ingredients are why I love this salad so much! No boring, disgusting salads here- only the best.
I’ve also had a lot of beef to pick with store bought dressings. Too many times have I spent money on a bottle of dressing, just to be disappointed. That’s why this for this salad, we gon’ be makin our own! This spicy peanut dressing is powerfully flavorful, and good for you too! It has lime, sriracha, ginger, garlic, and a little bit of peanut butter to compliment everything that’s in the salad. But what it doesn’t have is fillers, preservatives, and a bunch of ingredients no one can pronounce.
I get it, sometimes it’s convenient to pick up pre-made stuff at the store. But if you have the time, make it yourself. It will taste way better, and be better for you too!
I live for feedback, so if you make this, or another one of my recipes, let me know what you think!
- For The Salad:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ red onion, sliced into rings
- ½ cup edamame
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- For The Dressing:
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- juice from one lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey, or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- ¼-1/2 cup water
- To Make The Salad:
- Set your oven to broil. Wash the red bell pepper and cut the core and seeds out. Cut it into quarters, lengthwise and place it on a baking sheet. Place it in the oven and broil for 5 minutes, or until large black bubble appear on the peppers' skins. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Next, we're going to get our veggies ready for the salad. Wash and chop the head of romaine and place in a large salad bowl. Peel and chop the cucumber into quarters and place in the bowl. Chop the cooled roasted bell pepper along with the sliced red onion, chopped cilantro, edamame, and roasted cashews.
- To Make The Spicy Peanut Dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. You can start with ¼ cup of water and add more depending on how thick or thin you prefer the dressing to be.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately!