Oven baked sweet potato fries are super delicious and very simple to make, requiring only 3 ingredients! They are crispy and a little sweet at the same time due to some caramelization that happens while they roast in the oven. This recipe is an amazing dish to make when that craving hits for fries, but you don’t want to stand over the stove frying.
Sweet potato fries are one of my favorite foods to make. I love the flavor of sweet potatoes, their crispy-ness, and how filling they can be. Sweet potatoes are one of my most-used components to add to lunches and dinners when i’m just cooking for me at home. They pair well with so many dishes, are a hearty and satisfying food, and hold up well when prepped in batches. I love to add them to a big bowl of rice or quinoa and add some sautéed greens on top – yum!
- This is a basic recipe for sweet potato fries, I only seasoned them with salt. However, rosemary and parmesan would make great seasonings too!
- 5 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel all of the potatoes. Cut them into ½ inch strips and place on a baking sheet. drizzle the oil and sprinkle the salt over the fries and toss them with your hands to coat them in an even layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Stir them halfway through the baking time to ensure they brown on more than just one side. Take them out of the oven when they are turning brown, are soft, and are beginning to get crispy on the ends. Serve immediately!