The classic chocolate chip cookie, with a twist! I used my ultimate chewy chocolate chip recipe which will give you a cookie that’s soft, chewy, and slightly crunchy around the edges. The perfect combination!
This recipes comes together quickly, but do make sure you don’t skip the refrigeration step. Cooling down the cookie dough will ensure they don’t thin out and spread once you place them in the oven to bake. After that its easy peasy!
If you aren’t feeling the cherries, you can leave them out and you will have just a yummy, classic chocolate chip cookie. If you make them leave me a comment and tell me how you like them!
- 1¾ cups un-bleached, all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ sticks of melted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cherries
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer add the melted butter and both sugars together and beat on high for 1 minute until smooth and shiny.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat together.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and beat until just incorporated and no dry streaks of flour remain in the dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and cherries and place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place tablespoon size balls of dough on it.
- Place the cookies in the oven and and bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool and then repeat with the remaining cookie dough