This crepe recipe is simple, easy to make, and requires only 5 ingredients. Step up your breakfast or brunch game with these little gems and you won’t be disappointed. This recipe will give you golden, soft like a pillow, slightly sweet crepes that will make your home smell like the inside of a bakery! They are perfect for an easy, elegant breakfast, or a light meal.
Crepes are thin, sweet pancakes originating from France, but are now made all over the world. Crepes are often filled with fresh berries, cream cheese, jams, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. For savory crepes mushrooms, cheese, spinach, potatoes, eggs, and herbs are all delicious additions. But don’t let that limit you! In our house our favorites are fresh fruits and my 15 minute strawberry jam. Between pillow like crepes and homemade strawberry jam, what more could you need for breakfast?
Making them could not be simpler, just be sure to keep a careful eye on the crepes. Once the pan is hot they only need a minute or two per side! Comment below if you try this recipe and let me know what your favorite fillings are!
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 cup flour
- oil for pan (optional)
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly add milk and flour and whisk until combined and no clumps remain.The mixture should have the consistency of heavy cream.
- Warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat. If you don't have a non-stick skillet, you may need to make the first crepe with a little oil in the pan to see if it sticks to your skillet. I used a non-stick skillet and did not need to use oil.
- When the skillet is hot, pour ¼ cup of batter into the center of the pan and rotate the pan to spread the batter in an even layer and create a very thin circle.
- When the underside of the crepe is golden brown, about 2 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Fill crepes with strawberry jam and enjoy!